Part-Time Sales Associate Opening:
Mantel operates a small shop in the North Portland Kenton neighborhood. You'll find we have a love of small makers, great design and getting to know our wonderful customers in the way only small shops can.
We're looking for someone who:
- engages with the public in a kind and knowledgeable way.
- enjoys following the maker/design scene and passing on relevant product information to customers.
- is organized and self driven even with minimal supervision.
- has strong computer skills.
- ideally has 2+ years customer service background.
- has a strong, positive work ethic, supportive of team members.
- accepts/implements constructive criticism.
- presents high degree of accuracy with tasks.
- can commit to a set schedule of 2 days a week including Saturdays, with some flexibility during the holiday season.
- Clean, organize, some plant care.
- Receive inventory in our system and merchandise as needed.
- Ship web orders.
- Welcome customers by greeting them, offering assistance.
- Advise customers by providing information on products.
- Process payments, returns, and other POS related tasks.
- Ability to open and close the store independently.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and climb step stool.
- Able to work independently.
- Communicate clearly with owner and staff in person and in writing.
- Take short unedited shop videos or pictures of product during down time.
This is an entry level, hourly position at $17-18/hr to assist in daily store operations and may include various other shop related tasks. Includes accrued paid time off and 20% employee discount.
Email resume and a short bit about why you are interested to email@example.com. If you seem like a good fit we will contact you for an interview!